What began as a small group of people called to bring the hope of Jesus to thousands in the Philadelphia metropolitan area, has now grown into a church family of almost 1,400 adults, teens and children calling Christ’s Church of the Valley their home. God has done some amazing things through CCV over the last ten years – more than 1,000 people have been baptized, 19 acres of land has been purchased, two buildings have been built, the underprivileged in our community have been served, homes were built in Mexico, hundreds of earthquake survivors were helped in Haiti and children in Nairobi, Kenya have been given the hope of a better future through child sponsorship.
Over the last year, our staff and leadership team have prayed and asked God, “Now what? What would really stretch us beyond the first ten years to impact people in the community and the world like never before?”
As a result of our prayers, we believe God is calling us to do five specific things over the next three years through what we are calling the BEYOND Campaign. These five things are:
- Community-Based Ministry – Be the kind of church the community would miss if it were gone.
- Facility Completion – Finish the children’s building construction and upper parking lot.
- Strengthen Financial Base – Catch up on past due accounts payable, meet weekly financial need and create cash reserves.
- International Missions – Joska Boarding School Project and Dawn Light church planting opportunity with Team Expansion.
- Daughter Church – Plant a church in the Philadelphia region.
This campaign will require all of us to make significant commitments of both time and finances. Please pray and ask God, “Challenge me, use me to do something great through my life to help people and impact the world!”